Just few days back we talked about how to unbrick your LG P500 if it got stuck in Fast boot mode. Today we will talk about how to unbrick your LG Optimus phone using the LG update tool using its “Recovery Phone” Feature. You may have bricked your LG optimus for reasons like corrupted Custom ROM or custom Recovery flash or due to flashing of a incorrect ROM on your phone or some other reason.
To unbrick your Phone using the LG Updater tool, here are the prerequisites.
- Download and install LG Updater Tool (B2CApp-setup). This tool can be downloaded from the link here.
- You must have the correct USB drivers installed on your PC so that it can detect your Phone. (LG Updater tool contains a button at the right side to install the relevant USB drivers if you have not installed these drivers before.
Procedure to Unbrick
1. Run the LG Updater tool that you just downloaded. Select your country and language from “Option & help” if its not selected already.
2. After that, click on “Customer support” and from the dropdown menu Select “Recovery Phone”.
3. Just enter IMEI No. of your Phone and select Check (You can get the IMEI number of your phone easily from the back side. If you cant find that, then enter the Model and Serial number of the phone and click check.
4 – It will show model no of your phone – make sure it is correct, Now before selecting -OK, connect your phone via USB in Emergency Mode. To enter the Emergency Mode, use the following key combination when your phone is off.
*P500 = Press VOL UP + Back Key + Power
*P970 = Keep Pressing VOL Up and connect via USB
*P990 = Keep Pressing VOL Down and connect via USB
5. It will give you a warning message before you can proceed. Just select OK.
Make sure that your PC is connected to internet as it will downloaded large files during this process and cannot complete if your internet connection breaks often in between this process. All this process will take several minutes depending on your internet connection speed. Phone should restart automatically if everything is correct.