Sometime back we talked about Ice Cream Sandwich on LG P500 [Cyanogenmod 9]" href="http://androidpure.com/install-ice-cream-sandwich-working-camera-on-lg-p500-cyanogenmod-9/" target="_blank">installing or flashing a Ice Cream Sandwich ICS ROM based on CynamogenMod 9 on LG P500 Optimus one. Today we will talk about another popular ROM called Oxygen which was available only for Gingerbread till now. But thanks to the Developer popdog123, an unofficial port of Oxygen ROM for Ice Cream Sandwich is now available and you can flash it on your LG P500 Optimus One.
Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom with only few added features and without any of not so useful features like “Theme Manager” or apps like FM Radio etc.
This Oxygen ROM is only supported on devices which are on New Baseband. If your device is on old baseband, you need to flash it to new baseband. (If you are not sure how to do this, ask me and I would gladly help you out).
Oxygen 3 (ICS) : Version 0.1.2 – 14 aug 2012
- First ICS public release
- No electronbeam
- No tethering
- No stock live wallpapers
- No bluetooth pairing
Oxygen 3 (ICS) Version 0.2.0 – 18 aug 2012Advertisement
- Fixed APN list
- 2G/3G selection fixed
- Manual network search fixed
- Stock live wallpapers fixed
Oxygen 3 (ICS) Version 0.3.3 – 19 aug 2012
- Tethering fixed (needs testing);
- Electronbeam animation now working;
- Airplane mode reboot fixed;
- Battery seems to drain less;
- Added initlogo;
- Wireless location works;
- Bluetooth now works with no problems
- Your device must be on New Baseband (If you are on old baseband and still flash this oxygen ROM, Phone Network will not work).
- Your Phone must be rooted.
- Custom recovery must installed on your Phone e.g. ClockworkMod or AmonRa.
Files needed for Installation
The only file that is need for flashing this ROM on your optimus one is the ROM Zip file. Just download this Oxygen ROM zip flashable file from the download link below and save it at a convenient location on your Phone’s SD card preferable at root directory of SD card as you need to select this zip file using the hard keys inside the custom recovery.
You need not to download the GoogleApps zip file seprately. The ROM zip file has already the Google Apps integrated inside it. This also saves you the trouble of flashing a seprate Google Apps using the Recovery.
Installation or Flashing the Oxygen ROM
- Boot your phone into recovery Mode using existing ROM power option using the Power button (if it has) or by holding VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys simultaneously.
- Inside recovery mode, use Volume key at right side of phone to scroll up and down. You need to wipe few settings and Cache before you can flash to your phone to the new ROM.
- Clear user Data/factory reset>> Clear/wipe Cache >> clear Dalvik Cache. Dalvik cache option can be found under advance options in recovery mode.
- After this choose install zip from SDcard option.
- Select the ROM Zip file (the same file that you just downloaded above) to flash. ROM will begin to install.
- After few minutes, the installation will be finished. Once installed press the back button few times to go back to the main screen of Recovery.Choose reboot system now and you are done.
OTA (Over The Air) Update app
One of the best things with this custom Oxygen ROM is integrated OTA (Over The Air) Update app which can help you update to a new version the moment a new update to the ROM is available. This means that you can install the new update without the need to download the new ROM zip manually and without using the recovery mode to flash it keeping intact all your data. This OTA app does everything automatically whenever a new update to the ROM becomes available.